NFTs, or non-fungible tokens, are digital assets that represent unique and scarce items such as art, music, games, collectibles, and more. NFTs are powered by blockchain technology, which ensures their authenticity, ownership, and provenance. NFTs have exploded in popularity in recent years, with some selling for millions of dollars and attracting celebrities, investors, and enthusiasts from all over the world.
But how do you find and mint the hottest new NFTs before they sell out? How do you keep track of the latest trends and opportunities in the NFT space? How do you avoid scams and fakes? The answer is simple: use an NFT drops calendar.
What is an NFT Drop?
An NFT drop is like the blockchain version of an album release. It refers to the date and time a new NFT project will be made available to the public. Buying into an NFT drop is a lucrative way of getting into a project early – being first on the scene of new NFTs is usually more profitable.
An NFT drop can be either a primary sale or a secondary sale. A primary sale happens when an NFT is sold for the first time by its creator or minted by the buyer at the time of purchase. A secondary sale happens when an NFT is bought and sold after the initial sale, similar to how fine art or trading cards might pass through multiple owners’ hands over time.
Typically, when an NFT project announces its upcoming drop (usually on its official Twitter or Discord), it’ll include information about the allowlist, “the reveal,” and the drop schedule. Let’s walk through these pieces.
- An allowlist is a list of crypto wallet addresses predetermined by the NFT project’s founders or team that may have special or early access to the NFT drop. Think of it like being on the list at a nightclub— you get to skip the line and go right in. Projects may give allowlist spots to people who hold other NFTs from the same creators, influencers, active members of the project’s community, or giveaway winners.
- The reveal date is when the actual images or traits of the NFTs are revealed to the buyers and the public. Sometimes, the reveal happens right after the drop, but other times it may take hours or days. This adds an element of mystery and excitement to the process, as buyers don’t know what they’re getting until later.
- The drop schedule (sometimes referred to as “mint schedule”) will outline who’s eligible to mint and when. The maximum number you can mint depends on the project’s set limits. A popup will appear with the NFT, the quantity, and a prompt to choose your desired payment method.
How to Use an NFT Drops Calendar
An NFT drops calendar is a tool that helps you keep track of the most interesting events and NFT drops across marketplaces and platforms. It shows you when and where new NFT projects are launching, how much they cost, how many are available, and how to participate.
There are many websites that offer free NFT drops calendars, such as NFT Calendar, NFT Drops Calendar, Rarity Sniper, OpenSea, Cyber Scrilla, InsideBitcoins, etc. Each one has its own features and advantages, so you may want to check out several of them to find your favorite.
To use an NFT drops calendar, you need to have a crypto wallet that supports the blockchain network of the NFT project you’re interested in. For example, if you want to buy an Ethereum-based NFT, you need an Ethereum wallet such as MetaMask or Coinbase Wallet. You also need to have enough funds in your wallet to cover the minting price and gas fees (the network fees for processing transactions).
Once you have your wallet ready, you can browse through the upcoming NFT drops on your chosen calendar website. You can filter by date, category, platform, blockchain, price range, etc. You can also set email or calendar reminders to notify you when a drop is about to go live.
When you find an NFT drop that catches your eye, click on it to see more details. You can learn more about the project, its mint schedule, roadmap (the project’s future plans), and team behind it. You can also join their social media channels such as Discord or Twitter to stay updated and interact with the community.
When the drop is live, you can click on the “Mint” or “Buy” button to start the process. You will be redirected to the project’s website or marketplace, where you will need to connect your wallet and confirm the transaction. Depending on the demand and network congestion, it may take some time for your transaction to be processed and your NFT to appear in your wallet.
How to Find and Mint the Hottest New NFTs
Using an NFT drops calendar is a great way to find and mint the hottest new NFTs, but it’s not the only way. Here are some tips and tricks to help you discover and secure the best NFTs in the market:
- Do your research. Before you buy any NFT, make sure you do your due diligence and verify its authenticity, quality, rarity, and potential. Check the project’s website, whitepaper, roadmap, team, social media, etc. Look for reviews, ratings, feedback, and testimonials from other buyers and experts. Avoid scams and fakes by checking the contract address and minting source of the NFT.
- Be fast and flexible. The NFT market is very dynamic and competitive, so you need to be quick and adaptable to catch the best opportunities. Follow your favorite NFT projects and creators on social media and join their communities to get the latest news and updates. Be ready to mint or buy as soon as a drop goes live, as some NFTs may sell out in minutes or seconds. Have multiple wallets and payment options ready in case one fails or is not supported.
- Be creative and adventurous. Don’t limit yourself to the most popular or hyped NFT projects or categories. Explore different genres, styles, platforms, blockchains, etc. You may find hidden gems that are more affordable, unique, and valuable than the mainstream ones. You may also find new ways of expressing yourself, connecting with others, and having fun with NFTs.
NFTs are an exciting and innovative way of creating, owning, and trading digital assets that represent anything from art to music to games to collectibles. NFT drops are events where new NFT projects are launched and made available to the public for the first time.
To find and mint the hottest new NFTs, you can use an NFT drops calendar, a tool that helps you keep track of the most interesting events and NFT drops across marketplaces and platforms. You can also follow some tips and tricks to discover and secure the best NFTs in the market.
NFTs are a rapidly growing and evolving industry, so there’s always something new and exciting to look forward to. Whether you’re a creator, collector, investor, or fan, there’s an NFT for you. So what are you waiting for? Start exploring the world of NFTs today!